Monday, November 2, 2009

warm milk

I thought that quote from Twin Peaks would make a good first post since it's about the management of fear. I'm afraid of lots of things, but generally things like failure and embarrassment, more than sharks. I'd like to be more open and less afraid. Less withholding of myself. This blog is the first chess move in that direction.

I started watching the second season of Twin Peaks for the second time about a month ago, one gray Saturday. Some of the plot lines are so boring later on (oh, James, and your road trip); I'd forgotten how awesomely the season started! The long, long scene of Agent Cooper on the floor. Of course David Lynch directed it. And the actor who plays the waiter is incredible. He hangs up the phone and gives a thumbs-up like no one else.

I wrote down Agent Dale Cooper's quote about fear immediately. I think a few of the Log Lady Intros will need to be reexamined, too.

And someday there will be a post about the Twin Peaks High School bathroom. If you're a fan of both Twin Peaks and set design, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Do I have any other ideas for this blog? Sure! But Twin Peaks is really outshining everything else of late. And I'm kind of nervous about posting pictures from style.com on my blog, even though I really want to examine Karl's past two collections for Chanel. Funny, I work in the photo biz. Perhaps that's why I get nervous about this stuff. I hope David Lynch doesn't mind the image captures I made of Twin Peaks, below. If you do, Mr. Lynch, please contact me and I'll take them down, stat.

Thanxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment