Wednesday, January 27, 2010

long or short?

Every once in a while I consider chopping off my long, curly hair and going for a short style. Seeing this picture on Altamira made me consider it one more time.



The Chanel Resort show had a similar effect.


As do photos of actress Myrna Loy in the 1920s - early '30s.

And Joan Crawford, circa 1928. She's in the center.
(This is from the film Our Dancing Daughters, in case you're curious. I haven't seen it yet, but I've wanted to since I've seen the pictures. And it was written by three women! Joan plays a saucy flapper and literally dances on a table.)

Anyway...  I love this hairstyle in theory, but I would have to style (really style! with tools!) my hair every morning, and anyone who knows me knows I am far too lazy to do that.

So I'll probably remain slightly similar to Dorothy Lamour during her tropical film days. 

Super long.

No comments:

Post a Comment