Sunday, February 14, 2010

anthropologie inspiration

I saw The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit a few weeks ago. I had heard this film compared to Mad Men for its sleek, mid-20th century office sets, and its darkly handsome lead actor (Gregory Peck). There are a few other, more poignant similarities between Gregory Peck's character and Jon Hamm's in Mad Men, but I don't want to spoil anything.


Here's an office scene:


Some of my favorite scenes, visually, are the ones in Italy, mainly because the actress Marisa Pavan is so charming and her character wears really sweet, simple clothing. This scene got me thinking about wearing a headscarf again, just like Audrey at the Greyhound station in Breakfast at Tiffany's always does. 


I have a feeling the stylists, set designers and prop masters of every other Anthropologie catalog have this next scene in mind when they're working.





Wow, right? Right down to the wine bottle and half-eaten apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment