Thursday, February 11, 2010

more hair, more shalom

I thought I was done posting about hair
But then I came across this editorial featuring model Shalom Harlow:
Photos: Glen Luchford 
for Harper's Bazaar March 2010

Oh, my gosh.
As soon as I saw these photos, I started fantasizing about shoulder-grazing glossy ringlets and cool bangs worn with a leather jacket I don't actually own. 

Now I'm considering going for a similar cut. But first I looked up photos of Shalom to see how she fares without the help of a hairstylist.


I like the bangs, and she looks really cute. I like that she allows for some frizz and doesn't use tons of product to stiffen everything up. But her hair in the bottom image  brings back memories of a cut I got in 6th grade  - the barber forgot she was cutting curly hair and everything ended up way too short. I cried, and spent half the year brushing the top half of my hair straight back into a scrunchie perched on the top of my head. 

*

What do you think? Can I pull it off?
I have been cutting my own hair since the age of 16, so this would be a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment