Wednesday, February 17, 2010

black, white, wood

I borrowed Isabella Rossellini's book, Some of Me, from my town library when I was about 18. It left a big impression on me design-wise: I remembered lots of black paint, and wood, and odes to simple, functional things, like the utensil holder Isabella's mother, Ingrid Bergman, used. A few months ago I tracked down a used copy of this book and am so happy I did. 





Today Yesterday, I'd been looking forward to images of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's first fashion show for The Row. I had a feeling their collection would be timeless, minimal, with lots of black, which brings me back to Isabella's book: the aesthetic seems similar.

The Row Fall 2010



photos: style.com

Also in the pared-down, black-white vein: stylist Jessica de Ruiter

scan found here




Refinery29 did a nice profile of her a while back.
photos: Kava Gorna for Refinery29


I also love the home store Spartan






... they sell these purses, too

now that's my kind of embellishment!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment