Friday, July 23, 2010

friendship and bracelets

I've been eyeing Lauren Manoogian's natural leather bracelets for a few months, ever since I saw them on the Maryam Nassir Zadeh website. When I modeled for Jenny the other day, she let me borrow her own LM bracelet to wear with two of the outfits. When I got home, I thought, "Ok, that's it, time to buy that little red zig zag."

I got these two from Pour Porter and I can't wait to wear them today.
*
In other news, my very best girlfriend, Alison, and her husband and son are coming to visit this weekend. We haven't seen each other in two years, and I know we will have lots of delicious catching up to do. I am such a homebody, but whenever she visits we both treat ourselves. Try cute little restaurants and find jukeboxes to dance by. Photo boots to linger in. Patios to sip beers upon.


She really is the most lovely person. We met ten years ago when we both worked at Black Ink in Boston. When I was posing for Jenny, I tried to channel her grace.
Above photo by me, from my flickr.

2 comments:

  1. i've been debating getting a lauren manoogian leather bracelet and am torn between the thick vs narrow. is the thick one awkward to wear??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi nicomade - i'd say both thick & thin are really easy to wear, not awkward. they're very light. but since they have no closure, you have to pop them over your wrist (just a warning in case you have very large hands or wrists!). i noticed some ones still available here, too: shopbowsplusarrows.com ... yay!

    ReplyDelete