Tuesday, July 13, 2010

razzle dazzle

The Chanel Couture show for Fall 2010! Oh, Karl Lagerfeld. You frighten me, and then you dazzle me. Sort of like the severe but brilliant ballet impresario, Boris Lermontov,  from the film The Red Shoes.
View more here, here and here.


Dazzle number one: a massive golden lion.

Dazzle number two: cranberry red.

Those beautiful, heavy coats against a backdrop of snowy white, along with the recurring lion motifs throughout the show, made me think of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, which I loved as a child! (The BBC version, of course.)
Aslan!


Dazzle three: the finale pieces, which reminded me of the beautiful Medieval tapestries at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

*
I really love these other pieces from the collection, too, but they don't quite fit into my Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe/Medieval theme...

**
Chanel Fall 2010 Couture collection: all photos from Style.com
Medeival tapestries: both South Netherlandish, from The Metropolitan Museum of Art Database
The Red Shoes: The Criterion Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment