Monday, July 19, 2010

smile with your eyes

Wow. I was so lucky (and completely surprised) to be asked to model for Jenny of Wiksten. I still can't quite believe it. I've been a fan of Jenny's blog and her designs for a long time, and it was hard to imagine myself doing her clothes justice. For one thing, I'm not a model. But the clothes did a lot of the work for me -- they're so beautifully made, such beautiful colors and prints, and they're really flattering, too. I honestly think everyone would look good in the chambray ikat dress (sort of like the magical jeans in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, not that I've seen that film or its sequel and thoroughly enjoyed them both or anything*). The jewelry Jenny had was awesome, too. I left the shoot realizing I need more necklaces in my life. I love thisthis and this one from Alyson Fox.  

I felt such nervousness last night and this morning knowing that Jenny was going to post the pictures today. I knew my blog views would increase from a modest average of, oh, let's just randomly say 4 people to about 7,002. I felt extreme writer's block. And fear. I had no idea what to post. 

So I posted something. And then erased it. And now here I am, just telling you about the experience instead. 

So... Thank you, Jenny! And thanks to everyone who left nice comments, too. I'm overwhelmed, but I'm going to try to get back to everybody. It will be nice to have some more blog friends.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! I just clicked over from Wiksten and wanted to tell you that I really like your blog. (I went all the way back to the beginning and read through.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ: Thank you! I'm so glad you like it. I hope you like Twin Peaks because I know I was heavy on that in the beginning of my blog...! Actually, I'm thinking of posting something Twin Peaks-related soon, too. It can't be helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm already planning my Twin Peaks marathon weekend! I loved that show. I loved Style with Elsa Klensch, too. By the way, have you seen this? http://www.davidlynch.com/dailyreport/

    ReplyDelete